The Library houses circulating and non-circulating materials and provides access to electronic resources.
Books from the general collection, DVD’s, ESL readers, Topic books, back issues of journals, course reserve material, iPads and other electronic items.
Reference books, current periodicals and newspapers.
- AUD library provides access to a range of online resources, including eBooks, reference, research and professional databases.
- All users are required to have an assigned login and password to access these resources.
- Access to our subscription databases off-campus, as per our license agreements, is available to currently enrolled students, staff and faculty.
- Certain online resources require additional applications for our subscription content to be viewed. Contact library staff if you require assistance with this.
- AUD faculty may place Library or personal material on reserve for the use of their students. Items will be kept at the Circulation desk, and issued to students according to the agreed loan periods.
- Library and personal items can be placed on reserve by completing and submitting a Course Reserve Form online. The library will notify faculty when the item is available on reserve for circulation.
- Personal items should be handed over at the circulation desk after submitting the online request form. Personal items will be returned to faculty at the end of each semester or as specified.
- All items placed on reserve must abide by UAE and international copyright laws.
FACULTY TEXTBOOK COLLECTION
- As a general policy, AUD Library does not purchase textbooks for the collection. The ordering of textbooks is not managed by the Library, and students are required to purchase their own print or eBook copies through the campus bookshop.
- The library does purchase, on a demand basis, a copy of the approved textbook for teaching faculty, should they require it. Textbooks purchased by the Library remain the property of AUD library and should be returned at the end of the semester. Please complete and submit a Faculty Textbook Request Form to ensure that a copy of the approved title for a course is available for your teaching purposes.
- Faculty members may request that their copy or any extra copy of a textbook, be placed on reserve for their students.
- The Library may add textbooks to the collection if it is decided that the textbook supports long-term research or covers an emerging research area.
- Please allow enough time for the purchase and processing of required faculty textbooks.